Large scale solar intergration Mürzzuschlag
Integration of a large solar system into the heating network
SOLID Solar Energy Systems GmbH
T: 0316 292840 - 55
Project tasks and objectives
- Demonstration and proof of concept of a large solar thermal plant in combination with storage tanks for the heating network of Mürzzuschlag.
- Decarbonisation of the energy supply and reduction of dependence on energy imports.
- Use of storage and intelligent control systems for load management.
- Integration of a large-scale solar thermal system (5,000m²) and storage tank (180 m³) into the existing district heating system.
- Monitoring and optimisation of temperature levels and hydraulics for efficient use of solar energy.
- Conceptual design of a solar system extension (~ 2,000 m²) incl. additional storage requirement.
- Integration of a control system to optimise the operating strategies and synergetic use of the storage tank.
- Peak load management through storage.
Objective Integration of a large solar system into the heating network
Investment cost ~ 2.000.000 €
- AEE INTEC
- FH Joanneum
- Stadtwerke Mürzzuschlag (not in the consortium)
- and other partners from the consortium